Buy ASRock 970 EXTREME4 Socket AM3+/ AMD 970/ AMD Quad CrossFireX& nVidia SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard: Motherboards - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases.
• X79 Extreme4 User Manual Version 1.0 Published September 2011 Copyright©2011 ASRock INC. All rights reserved. • ﬁ tness for a particular purpose. In no event shall ASRock, its directors, ofﬁ cers, employees, or agents be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including damages for loss of proﬁ. •, 3-Way CrossFireX and Quad CrossFireX Operation Guide.27 2.9 Surround Display Features.31 2.10 ASRock Smart Remote Installation Guide. 32 2.11 ASRock XFast Charger Operation Guide. 33 2.12 Jumpers Setup..34 2.13 Onboard Headers and Connectors.
• 2.24 Untied Overclocking Technology.52 3 UEFI SETUP UTILITY.53 3.1 Introduction..53 3.1.1 UEFI Menu Bar.. 53 3.1.2 Navigation Keys.. 54 3.2 Main Screen..54 3.3 OC Tweaker Screen..55 3.4 Advanced Screen..60 3.4.1 CPU Conﬁ. • In case any modiﬁ cations of this manual occur, the updated version will be available on ASRock website without further notice. You may ﬁ nd the latest VGA cards and CPU support lists on ASRock website as well. ASRock website • 1.2 Specifications Platform - ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 9.6-in, 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm - Premium Gold Capacitor design (100% Japan-made high- quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors) ® - Supports Intel Core i7-39xx & 38xx Series Processors in Socket LGA 2011 - Digi Power Design - Advanced V6 + 2 Power Phase Design ®.
• - 1 x Coaxial SPDIF Out Port - 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port - 6 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports - 1 x eSATA3 Connector - 2 x Ready-to-Use USB 3.0 Ports - 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED) - 1 x IEEE 1394 Port - 1 x Clear CMOS Switch with LED. • / Vista 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant (see CAUTION 18) Certiﬁ cations - FCC, CE, WHQL - ErP/EuP Ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required) (see CAUTION 19) * For detailed product information, please visit our website: • 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows ® Vista / XP.
For Windows OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limita- tion. You can use ASRock XFast RAM to utilize the memory that Win- ® dows cannot use. • Apple devices, it is also capable of Charging the BC 1.1 standard smart devices.
Please refer to page 33 for details. ASRock XFast RAM is a new function that is included into ASRock Ex- treme Tuning Utility (AXTU). It fully utilizes the memory space that cannot ®.
• SSDs or HDDs in order to extend their lifes- pan. ASRock X-FAN will be automatically activated only when the system rises to a certain temperature under heavy-loading or overclocking.
Normally, ASRock X-FAN will remain deactivated to give users the quietest comput- ing experience. • Top: T: USB2 RJ-45 B: USB3 CHA_FAN1 SLI/XFIRE_PWR1 SATA3 6Gb/s PCIE1 PCIE2 SB_FAN1 Fast LAN PCI1 Intel PCIE3 X79 Extreme4 CMOS Battery PCI2 64Mb BIOS 2 oz Copper PCB Fast USB PCIE4 CHA_FAN3 AUDIO RoHS CODEC PCI Express 3.0 Ready.
• 1.4 I/O Panel PS/2 Mouse Port (Green) Microphone (Pink) Coaxial SPDIF Out Port IEEE 1394 Port (IEEE 1394) LAN RJ-45 Port *** 12 eSATA3 Connector USB 2.0 Ports (USB45) USB 2.0 Ports (USB23) Side Speaker (Gray) USB 2.0 Ports (USB01) Rear Speaker (Black) USB 3.0 Ports (USB3_0_1) Central / Bass (Orange) • To enable Multi-Streaming function, you need to connect a front panel audio cable to the front panel audio header. After restarting your computer, you will ﬁ nd “Mixer” tool on your system. Please select “Mixer ToolBox”, click “Enable playback multi-streaming”, and click “ok”. • Chapter 2: Installation This is an ATX form factor (12.0' x 9.6', 30.5 x 24.4 cm) motherboard. Before you install the motherboard, study the conﬁ guration of your chassis to ensure that the motherboard ﬁ ts into it. Make sure to unplug the power cord before installing or removing the motherboard. • 2.3 CPU Installation For the installation of Intel 2011-Pin CPU, please follow the steps below.
2011-Pin Socket Overview Before you insert the 2011-Pin CPU into the socket, please check if the CPU surface is unclean or if there are any bent pins in the socket. Do not force to insert the CPU into the socket if above situation is found. Locate Pin1 and the two orientation key notches. Orientation key notch alignment key Pin1 orientation key notch alignment key 2011-Pin CPU 2011-Pin Socket For proper inserting, please ensure to match the four orientation key notches of the CPU with the four alignment keys of the socket. • 2.4 Installation of CPU Fan and Heatsink This motherboard is equipped with 2011-Pin socket that supports Intel 2011-Pin CPU. Please adopt the type of heatsink and cooling fan compliant with Intel 2011- Pin CPU to dissipate heat.